Technology

Header Ads

The sun never shone like it did that day

“The sun never shone like it did that day. It baked my skin until I felt I might burn in the shade, but I never did. Nothing went wrong that day,” the man said with a huge smile. 


Muğarrem’s lips were visibly shaking, he gathered his breath, stood up from the rock he was sitting and asked “What the fuck is wrong with you? Millions of people will die, what do you mean nothing went wrong?”


The man’s eyes were wide open, he tilted his head to the left and scratched it “I don’t get it. you don’t want me to be honest, and you don’t want me to lie... what do you want?”


Muğarrem knew that he should’ve been angry, but he simply couldn’t. He slowly turned his gaze to the entrance of the cave. Put the quill and the book on the rock he was previously sitting. Muğarrem felt the cold wind in his skin, looked at the trees dancing harmoniously with the wind. The singing birds were calming to him. He doesn’t even know what to do with all this power, Muğarrem thought. “Aren’t you the one who should be answering this question?” 


The man closed his eyes for a split of a second, nodded his head and smiled as though he was waiting for this to come up. He gathered his breath, turned his gaze to the sky and asked “If I were, you wouldn’t be here, would you?” without giving Muğarrem to chance to speak the man continued whilst pointing out the trees below the cave “Look at how beautiful this is, everything that you may ever want lays beneath you but you choose to corrupt it. I don’t understand it... You are the offspring of nature, but you are also the one corrupting not only it but also yourselves. Why would you destroy the only precious thing you have?”




They both stood in that cave. The man looked at Muğarrem in the hope of an answer, but it was in vain. Muğarrem was looking at the sky, watching the sun fade away. It was getting darker and darker. Muğarrem asked, “Why do we even exist then?”

The man turned his back to Muğarrem, slowly walked to the end of the cave. The cave was already getting darker and darker, but on the floor, there was a daisy shining like a sun. The men bent down to carefully touch the daisy. “It isn’t perfect, you know. I designed nature to be as beautiful as possible. I added waterfalls, trees, all sort of animals but none mattered. There was no one to appreciate it. It felt empty, unfinished… Then, I added people to enjoy it, to see what I had done. It was better than I expected. I thought I would be even better If I gave you the very thing drove me to do all of this, ambition.”


A tear shed from the man’s eyes. Muğarrem, in an attempt to comfort, said “I am sorry” The man, stopped petting the daisy. He quickly stood up and turned his back to Muğarrem. “No I am sorry, I feel embarrassed, I should’ve known all of this, I should’ve known that ambition would be too much for you… I should’ve known that people would turn it into greed and corrupt everything.” 


Muğarrem approached the man, but the man stepped back. Poor man, Muğarrem thought and asked “How is it in the future, after the flood I mean? Does anything change?” 


The man laughed and looked deep into Muğarrem’s eyes “It all depends on you, tomorrow dawn it will happen, and you will be on a ship sailing to a new life for people. But you have to understand, it is not me who is killing millions of people, it is always people who are doing it to themselves.” 


They spent the whole night talking about the flood and what will happen. As the sun began to rise, Muğarrem felt more stressed. He asked every question he could come up with, but none seemed to comfort him. It was at that time Muğarrem closed his eyes and listened to the birds singing. “Nature is the mother of people, I create things, I do not guide them, whenever you feel lost, listen to it,” the man said as he stood up and started to leave. Muğarrem, in an attempt to stop the man from going, stood up and opened his mouth but didn’t find anything to say. The man slowly got out of the cave and just before leaving he said: “Nothing will go wrong I promise, and when it is all finished we will watch the sun shining like it has never before.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments